• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1962 penny doubled ear
2 2

6 posts in this topic

What would you guy's think about this. I'm thinking possible double. But doesn't go all the way down around earlobe. Hmmmm. 🤔 it's seems like its been slow in the forum today. So I thought I'll post. Lol

20191015_191057.jpg

20191015_190012.jpg

There are over 50 different DDO variations in 1962 but unfortunately  none involve the ear. It looks like yours has some minor damage. You can see where the earlobe has taken what appears to be a hit.

FYI- Note all Doubled Ears are at the bottom of the lobe, some are at the back and some even show doubling  at the top.

On 10/16/2019 at 6:46 AM, Greenstang said:

There are over 50 different DDO variations in 1962 but unfortunately  none involve the ear. It looks like yours has some minor damage. You can see where the earlobe has taken what appears to be a hit.

FYI- Note all Doubled Ears are at the bottom of the lobe, some are at the back and some even show doubling  at the top.

Thanks  Greenstang , I figured that's the way there supposed to be seen.😁

13 hours ago, KarenHolcomb said:

Pretty nice looking 62 though. Hard to find a circulated coin in such condition. Especially from that decade.

Things like those must be unevenly distributed. In central PA we get extremely few new current-year coins but we do get older really nice coins by the ton. No 2019 quarters, but ridiculously nice stuff from the 60's, 70's, and 80's all over here..