• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question
1 1

9 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Lisae228 said:

Can anyone suggest a few good books and also a few good sites on the internet to search about coins.. Please n thank u

Any particular topics? I ask because I urge all new collectors other than world coin collectors to get the so-called "Red Book".

In addition to the Red Book, the Coin World Almanac is a good source of information, and most any book written by Roger Burdette, or Q. David Bowers will be worth your time and money. As far as websites, NGC's Coin Explorer (LINK), or PCGS's Coin Facts (LINK) are both helpful. I recommend bookmarking the Newman Numismatic Portal, also. (LINK)

Hey Gurrrl! How ya doing? I thought you had written us off. Lol! Just don't run out and get those Cherrypicker Guides. Biggest waste of money yet for me. Look at someone else's first to see if they are what you're looking for. Good to see you!

On 9/27/2019 at 9:11 AM, VKurtB said:

Any particular topics? I ask because I urge all new collectors other than world coin collectors to get the so-called "Red Book".

Just something to get me started..I enjoy looking at nickels and quarters honestly...