• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

is this a proof like Morgan Dollar?

17 posts in this topic

I don’t THINK SO, but please understand that determining that from a still photo is a fool’s errand. This PL thing requires “motion” to hazard any sort of guess.

2 minutes ago, Terence8788 said:

here's a video, does this help?

https://imgur.com/gallery/0Fps8wN

Yes, it helps a lot, and I’d put the likelihood of it getting a PL designation at 1 in 4. But please understand that’s a lot higher than I thought from just the stills. Good shootin’.

Keep in mind that really sweet-looking 1880-S Morgans are close to ubiquitous. There won't be much premium even if it were to get the PL designation. Same with 1904-O and several other dates.

Edited by VKurtB

21 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

Keep in mind that really sweet-looking 1880-S Morgans are close to ubiquitous. There won't be much premium even if it were to get the PL designation. Same with 1904-O and several other dates.

actually the population for 62-64 MSPL is sort of low compared to just a MS grade, i think it's worth having it graded. the price doubles from a MS63-64 to a MSPL63-64.

25 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

does it look like a VAM 9 large S?

17 hours ago, Terence8788 said:

does it look like a VAM 9 large S?

Terence,

I'm sorry but I simply am of no use to you on that. I don't care about VAMs and I never have. Heck, I barely care about Morgan dollars at all.

17 hours ago, Terence8788 said:

actually the population for 62-64 MSPL is sort of low compared to just a MS grade, i think it's worth having it graded. the price doubles from a MS63-64 to a MSPL63-64.

The real trick will be getting it to go as high as 63.