• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who's butt do I need to kick?

6 posts in this topic

CDN prices are meaningless to me because I'm not a dealer. And since I rarely sell to dealers and fully expect to pay more for coins with great eye appeal why bother with such irrelevant pricing information. These price lists do not accurately reflect values for my coins, they only serve to guide a dealer in acquiring great coins at lowball prices. 

On 9/14/2019 at 9:43 AM, numisport said:

CDN prices are meaningless to me because I'm not a dealer. And since I rarely sell to dealers and fully expect to pay more for coins with great eye appeal why bother with such irrelevant pricing information. These price lists do not accurately reflect values for my coins, they only serve to guide a dealer in acquiring great coins at lowball prices. 

Way to miss the point there, buddy.  Whether you refer to CDN prices or not the podcast is more about numismatics, currency collecting, trends in the hobby, and interviews with prominent people.

Before 2015 it was a mess...prices all off the charts, too high, too low...many Dealers would come to my table(s) and try an show me the prices..saying, "it's right here in the guide, see, your asking too much", and I would reply, "those prices are wrong and that's for regular coinage of the type, weak strikes and basic generic material, not what I'm selling....let's compare"....

Pissed alot of them off but oh well...sharks on the bourse...many of the shows before 2015 and until January this year you couldn't use the CDN.....unless buying/trying to get an edge on someone...

Many of the coins I offered were from a Midwest collection, CAC candidates and off market for 2 generations...

Funny how they ended up paying my ask later on anyway or paid MORE AT AUCTION FOR THEM LATER.....