Ancient (Roman) coins
2 2

9 posts in this topic

112 posts

Bought these 3 tonight...hoping I didn’t overspend....will post better photos when I rcv them.

01EFE90C-CCD5-4E76-BEF0-04019C2654A7.jpeg

A1E99126-F66A-468A-9005-016E96D45289.jpeg

9D8B80A3-37F1-4665-8A2F-55E2AB1C6BFB.jpeg

Edited by B.L.21

173 posts

Nice score B.L.21; hope they work out for you.  I am envious; I always wanted to collect some ancients but never knew where to start.

112 posts
2 minutes ago, Alex in PA. said:

Nice score B.L.21; hope they work out for you.  I am envious; I always wanted to collect some ancients but never knew where to start.

Total shot in the dark...saw em, decided to buy...all in, with the eBay tax; $91...I don’t own any and was a spur of the moment purchase 😂

1,603 posts

In my opinion you did overspend, but at least you seem to have gotten rather nice and well attributed versions. Constantius II and Diocletian are very common. I'd have figured $12 each about right for those two, maybe more for Victorinus. Late Roman bronzes are often very reasonably priced.

112 posts
6 minutes ago, JKK said:

In my opinion you did overspend, but at least you seem to have gotten rather nice and well attributed versions. Constantius II and Diocletian are very common. I'd have figured $12 each about right for those two, maybe more for Victorinus. Late Roman bronzes are often very reasonably priced.

Lesson learned...drinking and buying doesn’t mix well...still happy to have them

4,055 posts

At $30 apiece, you did not overspend terribly, and, as JKK said, they are nice looking coins. 

Be sure to post shots of the reverses when you get them.

112 posts

Clearest photos I can get with phone182AAA31-72BD-4EC4-B859-BB78064A056B.jpeg

CD562CA8-BCE4-46EA-AB72-FBB4E82D838A.jpeg

Edited by B.L.21