• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Coin Should I get?

3 posts in this topic

I have been a numismatist for about a year now, and I don't know what coin to buy next. I want your suggestions and opinions. My maximum budget is $100. I do not want a   pre-federal issue, I do not want an error piece, and I would prefer that it is not modern (before 1955). I'd also prefer that it isn't an Indian Head cent or a Winged Liberty dime, for I am already filling in collections for both of those.

I would greatly appreciate your input.

Hmm. If you sent me to a coin show with $100 and instructions to bring back something good, what would I look for? I can think of several things that would fit the bill: a nice Classic Head half cent in VF, a full "WE" two cent piece, a three cent silver in VF, or an XF three cent nickel, or maybe a Flying Eagle cent. There are more, but that should give you an idea or two.

And that is just the US coins; you can get some really nice world coins, and some super Ancients for well under a hundred bucks, not to mention tokens and medals.

Edited by Just Bob