• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1983-P Lincoln

4 posts in this topic

I found this one in a roll and  I was wondering if this has any market value. Input would be very welcome. Thank you in advance. I also have another one I'll put in a separate post.

IMG_20190721_133001021.jpg

IMG_20190721_133028511.jpg

According to a Mike Diamond article in Coin World, " . In an off-center strike, some of the peripheral design is cut off at the edge of the coin on at least one face. In an uncentered broadstrike, the design is complete on both faces. Although it’s technically part of the design, the design rim itself is not taken into account when determining whether a poorly centered strike is an off-center strike or an uncentered broadstrike."

Judging by this description,your coin is an off-center strike, since part of the lettering is missing.

Coin Quest gives a value of $6 for a circulated.10 percent off-center strike. Obviously, that is just a guideline, and,like most collectibles, any given coin is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

Greenstang beat me to the answer :)

Edited by Just Bob

Thanks so much for that information Just Bob and Greenstang. I'm not that interested in what it's worth but for the novelty of it. I think it was an interesting find and I'll tag it and put it away for my grandchildren to enjoy. After all, isn't it what we are all doing with this hobby.:cloud9: