• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is the coin at the bottom, second to the left a 1914-D penny??

9 posts in this topic

Coinguy1717,

First off, hello and welcome to the forum!  Well, I reviewed the photos and it looks like a 1911-D to me, not a 1914-D.

I hope that is of some help to you!

~Tom

Just now, Coinguy1717 said:

Thanks! Was just excited but I guess I was wrong. Thanks for the quick response!

No problem.  It can be tough to see what's going on in those eBay photos sometimes.  I collect ancients, so I have gotten used to discerning details from both blurry photos and blurry, worn coins!

Just now, Mohawk said:

No problem.  It can be tough to see what's going on in those eBay photos sometimes.  I collect ancients, so I have gotten used to discerning details from both blurry photos and blurry, worn coins!

Thanks. Do you think the 1911-D in that condition is worth anything?

Just now, Coinguy1717 said:

Thanks. Do you think the 1911-D in that condition is worth anything?

Well....it's hard to accurately grade the coin from that picture but it's definitely low grade, G-4 at most.  Based on completed eBay listings, maybe $4 in that condition and it'd likely take a while to sell.  The 1911-D in low grade isn't rare by any means.  When I worked at a brick and mortar shop, we'd sell low grade 1911-D's for about $2 in our discount Wheatie book.

1 minute ago, Mohawk said:

Well....it's hard to accurately grade the coin from that picture but it's definitely low grade, G-4 at most.  Based on completed eBay listings, maybe $4 in that condition and it'd likely take a while to sell.  The 1911-D in low grade isn't rare by any means.  When I worked at a brick and mortar shop, we'd sell low grade 1911-D's for about $2 in our discount Wheatie book.

Well, guess I overpaid for this then. At least it is a new one to the collection!

1 minute ago, Coinguy1717 said:

Well, guess I overpaid for this then. At least it is a new one to the collection!

I'm sorry for the bad news.  We've all been there, I know I have.  But I think you have a great attitude!  Chalk it up to a learning experience and on to the next.