• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 P Washington Head Quarter - Extra Metal?

2 posts in this topic

I am new here and I have a question about my 1964-P Washington Quarter

I believe that there is a lamination error.  There are several blotches that appear to be extra metal on the surface of the coin.  The largest of which is on the chest of the eagle.  I have attached a photo of this below.

Opinions on whether this is a lamination error and whether it's worth sending this in for grading.

Your help is much appreciated!

459755097_1964-pextrametal.thumb.jpg.00864b94449a8da8f20ef1a1b9f6eaed.jpg

This Forum is for buying and selling coins. Have requested it to be moved to the "Newbie" Forum.

To answer your question, it does look like a small lamination but certainly not worth getting graded. Unless a coin is worth at least $150.00, the cost of grading is not worth it. Nice photo by the way but suggest in the future to include a photo of the complete coin as well. This gives a better overall view in determining any errors/damage on a coin. In this case I would have liked to see the other "blotches."

Edited by Greenstang
Added copy.