• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help ID'ing an Arabic Coin

4 posts in this topic

Or at least what I think is Arabic, if I'm wrong it wouldn't be the first time.  This was one of the "foreign coins" in a lot I recently stole, I mean won, at acution and is the last one to ID.  Weight is 15g.

P1040537.JPG

P1040538.JPG

It's from 1980 (AH 1400). Egyptian silver E£1 coin; the weight is exactly right. KM #508. That's Sadat with the dove celebrating when they agreed to stop losing wars to the Israelis if we would just buy them off by showering them with about as much military aid as we were giving the Israelis; they kicked out the Soviet advisors and started buying our stuff (late 1970s). Attractive piece.

2 hours ago, JKK said:

It's from 1980 (AH 1400). Egyptian silver E£1 coin; the weight is exactly right. KM #508. That's Sadat with the dove celebrating when they agreed to stop losing wars to the Israelis if we would just buy them off by showering them with about as much military aid as we were giving the Israelis; they kicked out the Soviet advisors and started buying our stuff (late 1970s). Attractive piece.

You forgot the Whack of Sadat.