So.... Uhhmmmm... How will NGC grade the new
0

12 posts in this topic

Artificially Toned? LG - low glow

I purchased a glow in the dark Canadian (Wolf), I forget the series. I wanted to see it in hand - didn't like it and sold it. Luckily a made a couple of bucks on it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Weird idea for a coin, but an interesting question lol I purchased one of the hologram gold coins many years ago and really like that but don't think I'll be all in on the glow in the dark series.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Coinbuf said:

Weird idea for a coin, but an interesting question lol I purchased one of the hologram gold coins many years ago and really like that but don't think I'll be all in on the glow in the dark series.

I wondered about those.  Does the hologram hold up over time or is it like those hologram team stickers that Fleer and the rest of the baseball card manufacturers spit out in the 90s?  Looked great the first year but after that were just a faded shine with indistinguishable markings.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CRAWTOMATIC said:

I wondered about those.  Does the hologram hold up over time or is it like those hologram team stickers that Fleer and the rest of the baseball card manufacturers spit out in the 90s?  Looked great the first year but after that were just a faded shine with indistinguishable markings.

No perceptible change that I have noticed in the depth or vibrancy of the hologram so far.  Here is a very poor pic I shot the last time I had it out of the SB, the colors are much more vibrant in hand but because you have to rotate the coin to get the effect it's tough for me to photograph.

canada.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Coinbuf said:

No perceptible change that I have noticed in the depth or vibrancy of the hologram so far.  Here is a very poor pic I shot the last time I had it out of the SB, the colors are much more vibrant in hand but because you have to rotate the coin to get the effect it's tough for me to photograph.

canada.jpg

It looks like that baby's holding up pretty good....I've been curious about they hold up myself.....what is the date on the coin if you don't mind my asking Coinbuf?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mohawk mine is from 2001, I believe that these were made for a few years but don't know for how many.  This one came in a very nice rosewood display box with a black felt lining, very nice looking display. 

Edited by Coinbuf
Link to post
Share on other sites

Coinbuf....

Thanks for indulging my curiosity.  That hologram has held up really well for almost two decades......I find that to be very impressive.  The RCM did a spectacular job with these issues.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mohawk said:

 Coinbuf....

Thanks for indulging my curiosity.  That hologram has held up really well for almost two decades......I find that to be very impressive.  The RCM did a spectacular job with these issues.

 

If you go back to the beginning of the video they tell you the price of one then

 

Edited by MAULEMALL
Link to post
Share on other sites

The toy coins might be "graded" by being wrapped in souse and the wrapper stuffed with scrapple. They will then be dipped in lard and deep fried. What remains will get the new designation "CPR."

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
0