• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 D/D FS-501 25C

2 posts in this topic

Evening,

The 'D' mint mark tends to distribute a lot of strike doubling on this year.  And a lot of new collectors have troubles distinguishing the difference between die doubling/repunched mintmark attributes and mechanical/strike doubling.  If I could make a suggestion it would be that the picture provided as reference be replaced, if possible, with one that does not exhibit the strike doubling.  The comment does point it out, however, that really only underlies the fault in the reference picture not being as accurate as possible.

Thank you for taking my call.  I'll take my answer off line.  Keep up the great work!

VarietyPlus Comment:The shallowest impression to the east of the mintmark is just strike doubling and not related to the variety.

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

That will likely occur when NGC receives a better example for grading/attribution. It's a seldom-submitted variety.