• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1944 Wheat very shiny

5 posts in this topic

This 1944 wheat penny is very shiny compared to other 1944 wheat pennies. Is it special ? Anyone know anything about this? 

6F13925A-4306-41E4-85DB-BEA3E3B1E37F.jpeg

38B9C2DC-4F2D-447A-8583-50C1AE7B3DF9.jpeg

Edited by AustenXV

Welcome to the forum. Looks like some one shined your cent a bit. That makes it look good, but does not make it worth more. Actually,  if it were uncirculated, it would make it worth less. As it is, it is just a common, though nice looking, circulated cent.

The lightning bolt emanating from Lincoln's nose (I've had colds like that) could be vandalism or just accidental PMD, and would definitely keep it out of higher grades.

11 hours ago, JKK said:

The lightning bolt emanating from Lincoln's nose (I've had colds like that) could be vandalism or just accidental PMD, and would definitely keep it out of higher grades.

Hmmm I have had rocket snot before ... not pleasant.

Polished - See nose eyes and ears ( Unable to reach with whatever polish was used. )  .. Nice details on wheat stocks ...