• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NCS submission

5 posts in this topic

I had a standard 9-coin world submission.  I received an email stating that the coin graders identified 4 coins that could benefit from NCS.  I had two of the 4 coins conserved.  One of  the coins I had conserved graded as "details - cleaned"  Please clarify how a grader has reviewed my coin, recommended conservation on it for a coin that has already been reviewed and known to be cleaned and not told me at the time of NCS recommendation that it would not straight grade following conservation.  I do not mind having coins come back cleaned, but I do not like having recommendations for NCS on coins that are not going to grade.  thanks so much for your time.

I have this page saved to come back to in case there are comments about it.  I guess I did not directly asked a question, so I am wondering if this is being discussed somewhere or is this "the price of doing business sort of situation"?  I see the situation from both viewpoints, the initial grader says this, the second grader says that, so I assume this is not the first time this happened.

thanks again

• Administrator

Thank you for your question.

If the coin has a residue, PVC etc. it needs to be removed so that NGC can holder it. The graders can not always determine if the coin is improperly cleaned until it is conserved.

Thank you,

Lisa

7 hours ago, LISA B said:

Thank you for your question.

If the coin has a residue, PVC etc. it needs to be removed so that NGC can holder it. The graders can not always determine if the coin is improperly cleaned until it is conserved.

Thank you,

Lisa

thanks so much for your reply.  I wish to make sure I understand what you are saying.  PVC/Residue removal allows for "improper cleaned" coins to be identified?

• Administrator

Sometimes the PVC or Residue will hide improper cleaning which cannot be seen until the PVC and or Residue is removed from the coin.