• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Competitive Registry Sets & Varieties

2 posts in this topic

Can you add a coin with a variety attribution in a competitive set and get the points for the non-variety version?  Or does the coin added have to be a non-attributed version?

For example, Competitive Sets->US Coins->Circulated Only->Buffalo Nickels, 1913-1938

Could I add a 1921-S 2 Feathers Variety (not listed on Eligible Coins list) and get the corresponding NGC Registry Score for a basic 1921-S?  I'm not asking for extra points or anything, just wondering if I could use a coin I already have.

• Administrator
19 hours ago, CRAWTOMATIC said:

Can you add a coin with a variety attribution in a competitive set and get the points for the non-variety version?  Or does the coin added have to be a non-attributed version?

For example, Competitive Sets->US Coins->Circulated Only->Buffalo Nickels, 1913-1938

Could I add a 1921-S 2 Feathers Variety (not listed on Eligible Coins list) and get the corresponding NGC Registry Score for a basic 1921-S?  I'm not asking for extra points or anything, just wondering if I could use a coin I already have.

Hello.

We are responding to your email. Thank you, CRAWTOMATIC.