• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VDB Cent in 2019??

3 posts in this topic

Hi all. Today I received my 2019 Silver Proof Set from the mint which came with the special Reverse Proof Cent from the West Point mint and I noticed something interesting. As I was looking closer at the Reverse Cent I saw something ever so small on Lincoln's sleeve. It's a VDB! I checked the Cent in the plastic case and it had the VDB too. Is this new or have I been missing something??

20190422_194557.jpg

Hello and Welcome!

Actually, it's not new....the VDB has been on that location on Lincoln Cents since 1918, but it's not very noticeable on circulation strikes if you don't know to look for it.  I think the mirrored finish on the devices of the reverse proof cent makes the VDB stand out more than it usually would.  If you look closely at other Lincolns in the same location, you'll see the VDB.

I hope this is of some help!

~Tom

4 minutes ago, Mohawk said:

Hello and Welcome!

Actually, it's not new....the VDB has been on that location on Lincoln Cents since 1918, but it's not very noticeable on circulation strikes if you don't know to look for it.  I think the mirrored finish on the devices of the reverse proof cent makes the VDB stand out more than it usually would.  If you look closely at other Lincolns in the same location, you'll see the VDB.

I hope this is of some help!

~Tom

Thanks Tom! I just saw it for the first time and I was surprised. What a cool tribute to the original designer.