• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Possible Copper Clad 1889 V Liberty Nickel

6 posts in this topic

I’ve seen some online before & most were purely copper. I’ve done all the test - magnet etc. it is clearly copper either over another metal or some other explanation. The sides are also copper as you see. 

6326933B-B74C-4851-9845-A97EFF216A53.jpeg

3F0170BC-720B-4EF6-9661-85921C26692B.jpeg

6184CED7-FC60-445E-9A5F-433E0E6D98F2.jpeg

71C663B7-80CC-4D9D-A296-0213F7BDEEF4.jpeg

Travis

That is not a copper clad Liberty Nickel.  It is a Liberty Nickel that has very high levels of both physical and environmental damage.  In the shape it's in, I'd say it's worth face value only.  Where are you getting these coins from Travis?  I hope you're not paying a lot of money for them because if you are, you're being cheated.  Aside from some of your roll finds, you've consistently posted photos of highly damaged coins and cleaned and polished coins which are nothing even close to what you are claiming they are.  I don't mean to be insulting or rude when I say this but, Travis, I think you need to seriously consider if numismatics is a good pursuit for you.  If you keep going like you are with it, you stand to lose a lot of money based on the quality of the coins you have been positing here and what you think they are.

8 hours ago, Mohawk said:

Travis

That is not a copper clad Liberty Nickel.  It is a Liberty Nickel that has very high levels of both physical and environmental damage.  In the shape it's in, I'd say it's worth face value only.  Where are you getting these coins from Travis?  I hope you're not paying a lot of money for them because if you are, you're being cheated.  Aside from some of your roll finds, you've consistently posted photos of highly damaged coins and cleaned and polished coins which are nothing even close to what you are claiming they are.  I don't mean to be insulting or rude when I say this but, Travis, I think you need to seriously consider if numismatics is a good pursuit for you.  If you keep going like you are with it, you stand to lose a lot of money based on the quality of the coins you have been positing here.

There is a consistent and rather predictable pattern to the post subjects and discussions with that poster. I’m sure you’re aware of it and that’s why I have stopped addressing the questions and claims. Carry on.😉

Well, at least you are handling your environmentally damaged nickel with rubber gloves, it has suffered enough in its 130 years.

4 hours ago, MarkFeld said:

There is a consistent and rather predictable pattern to the post subjects and discussions with that poster. I’m sure you’re aware of it and that’s why I have stopped addressing the questions and claims. Carry on.😉

Good call Mark.  Time for me to pursue the same course of action.