• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1957D Franklin's Missing Monical

4 posts in this topic

Benjamin's monical is missing and fell downward thus getting wedged between the R and his vest.. Monicals are notorious for falling out of place.. Is this the "Franklin Missing Monical" variety??? I know it is a die chip but it does look like his Monical.

20190407_200352.jpg

20190407_200337.jpg

20190407_200416.jpg

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

That's a nice die chip---fun, but not valuable, as it occurs frequently on coins. Wherever die cavities are in close proximity to one another a stress point results, and pieces of the dies between these cavities may break away, sometimes after progressing from a slender crack to a full break.

On 4/8/2019 at 4:09 PM, errorist said:

Benjamin's monical is missing and fell downward thus getting wedged between the R and his vest.. Monicals are notorious for falling out of place.. Is this the "Franklin Missing Monical" variety??? I know it is a die chip but it does look like his Monical.

20190407_200352.jpg

20190407_200337.jpg

20190407_200416.jpg

Dude  we would have  great time showing off our oddities. I have several weird breaks and chips that look like different things too. Thanks for sharing yours.