• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1921 Morgan Silver Dollar

8 posts in this topic

Can't tell from blurry photos, and them being rotated 90 degrees adds needless difficulty. However, there aren't very many 1921 Morgans that are worth much more than the basic modest premium above melt one typically sees with Morgans. In fact, at many coin shops the 1921s are segregated from other loose Morgans and sold for a lower price.

3 hours ago, JKK said:

Can't tell from blurry photos, and them being rotated 90 degrees adds needless difficulty. However, there aren't very many 1921 Morgans that are worth much more than the basic modest premium above melt one typically sees with Morgans. In fact, at many coin shops the 1921s are segregated from other loose Morgans and sold for a lower price.

Agreed with everything JKK said.  We'd need better pics to estimate a grade and 1921 Morgans are typically not worth that much.

Every time I go to a coin show, there is a dealer or three that puts out a basket of silver dollars, $19.00 each or some similar price, take your pick.  If you get there late, the basket is dominated by 1921 Morgans and 1923 Peace Dollars.  The 1921 Morgans are usually the least expensive Morgans you will find. 

55 minutes ago, Mokiechan said:

Every time I go to a coin show, there is a dealer or three that puts out a basket of silver dollars, $19.00 each or some similar price, take your pick.  If you get there late, the basket is dominated by 1921 Morgans and 1923 Peace Dollars.  The 1921 Morgans are usually the least expensive Morgans you will find. 

I can only imagine.  When I worked at a brick and mortar shop, 1921 Morgans and 1923 Peaces were an absolute drag.  Sometimes we'd get so many of the damned things we'd roll them and sell them to bullion buyers for silver value.  Even then, the 1921 Morgans had a way of sitting around.  The 1923 Peaces were easier to get rid of that way, for some reason.  I can remember days where I sold more Ike dollars than 1921 Morgans!