• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tricky coin, 1967 Kennedy Half Dollar

4 posts in this topic

Caleb here

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. I will need to be approved by a moderator before you can see my content. I am curious about this certain coin. It appears to be gold plated or layered. Just here looking for an Expert opinion regarding the coins authenticity if this paper work is calling it a collectible. Collectible means, not actually an US coin, or so I think? Anyways, hopefully I get approved quickly, and I hope to hear from some of you soon. Thanks for taking the time to read this, the pictures will be below. 

Regards, Caleb

Kend. Half dollar 1967.jpg

Kend. Half dollar 1967a.jpg

Kend. Half dollar 1967b.jpg

Kend. Half dollar 1967c.jpg

Kend. Half dollar 1967d.jpg

Kend. Half dollar 1967e.jpg

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Your coin has been altered outside the mint to give it this appearance. There are companies that sell State Quarters, Kennedy Halves and other popular coins that have been lightly gold plated. The amount of gold is so small as to carry no premium in the aftermarket, so the original buyers often lose interest and just dump the coins into circulation.