• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Express labeled package not in system

6 posts in this topic

I have tracking confirmation of receipt.  Is very frustrating that it still hasn’t been marked received.  I called and you are looking into it but taking a week to open a package is excessive. 

fabiaman, 

I’m with you for sure on that question.  It’s frustrating at first, until you realize that’s just how it is.  I’m a recent convert from PCGS, and have sent in 5 submissions to NGC.  My first 2 arrived via USPS 2 Day priority (posted by USPS delivered to their Sarasota PO Box) on Wednesday March 27th.  One submission was 10 coin economy.  The other submission (packaged individually, along with the first in one big box) was a 5 day rush gold submission with 5 gold coins.  So they both arrived on the 27th.  I started getting a tad nervous a full week later when they still hadn’t even ACKNOWLEDGED they received them.  I emailed them and they said they are just now opening the packages from the 24th.  Finally they  acknowledged having them on April 4th with a status of “received”.  And as of this morning April 13th, 8:43am.  My 5 gold coins with the average turn around of 5 days is still sitting with the “grading” status.  I’m looking at a 19 day turn around (at best, if they ship em out Monday morning).  But the other frustrating one is my “Express” submission that I overnighted to them, received April 5th.  EXPRESS is supposed to average 48 hour turn around.  My Express has been in their possession since April 5th.  Still has a”grading/quality control” status, 8 full days later.  It was just a single super simple coin.  So, FYI I think the best advice is to submit, don’t even check your status online (I had one submission go from “grading” for a couple days backwards to “received” status) then start checking your mail in 2 months.  But like I said I’m new to NGC. 

Brent

PS (I forgot to mention this, but I have been dealing with a Lady who works at NGC her first name is Lisa, and she is great, very helpful and always answers my questions like she actually cares.  And I’m sure it gets frustrating when you have to answer the same question from 20 different people a day.  I don’t even think she works in that department, I just happened to get her email at the Baltimore expo.  So I’m willing to deal with the slow processing times when they have excellent customer service like that.  But that’s just me)