• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help with submitting coins to ngc

12 posts in this topic

I have 15 peace dollars that I'm sending in and I'm having a hard time with putting them in the right tiers since I'm not sure what they're worth. I'm guessing half will be under $300 and the others maybe higher. Can I just group them all in under one tier and let the pros at ngc adjust the tiers and pricing or do I have to do my best at splitting them up? Big price difference between $20 and $35 if I put them in the wrong tier. 

44 minutes ago, Knox21 said:

I have 15 peace dollars that I'm sending in and I'm having a hard time with putting them in the right tiers since I'm not sure what they're worth. I'm guessing half will be under $300 and the others maybe higher. Can I just group them all in under one tier and let the pros at ngc adjust the tiers and pricing or do I have to do my best at splitting them up? Big price difference between $20 and $35 if I put them in the wrong tier. 

No, you have to select only one service tier per invoice.  You'll have to make your best effort at splitting them up.  What I would recommend is looking at NGC's Price Guide for Peace Dollars and going from there:

https://www.ngccoin.com/price-guide/united-states/dollars/50/

I hope that this is of some help to you!

~Tom

1 hour ago, Six Mile Rick said:

Send all 15 in the same lower tier and if they want more cash to grade them then pay for it. I have sent in many under $300 that graded much higher. ;)

As have I Rick....I didn't really think about that.  The ones that come immediately to mind for me are my 1953-E East German 5 and 10 Pfennigs......got an MS 64 and the 5 Pfennig and an MS 63 on the 10 Pfennig.  Those are killer grades for those and I'd turn a nice profit on them.  But, of course, those are Soviet Bloc coins so I won't be selling them.  Those are keepers!

11 minutes ago, Six Mile Rick said:

Then again I have sent in higher tier coins that graded LOW --- I guess it all evens out in the end. :)

Haven't we all.  There was a time that I was entertaining collecting the Postwar German Zinc Occupation coins issued in the Soviet Occupation Zone.  These can be fairly pricey, but I bought a couple and gave it a go.  When I got the grades back on those.....ouch!  I quit entertaining that fairly quickly!

This months entertainment ---- NGC Roosevelt clad dime varieties!!!  :)

1968 DDO FS101's

1969-D/D FS501's

1970-D  DDR FS801's, DDR FS802's, and DDR VP 003's

even have a fresh graded 1970-P and 1970-D reverse of 1968.

Anyone interested in some "RARE" sweet NGC graded variety dimes give me a shout.

Well I guess I'm just being cheap and lazy. I'll have to try my best to get them in the right tier. A lot of them are in ICG holders, so I should be able to get them close. Switching from using my phone to the laptop has helped too. 

5 hours ago, Knox21 said:

Well I guess I'm just being cheap and lazy. I'll have to try my best to get them in the right tier. A lot of them are in ICG holders, so I should be able to get them close. Switching from using my phone to the laptop has helped too. 

No, you're being smart....you don't want to spend more money than you have to.  However, without knowing exactly what you have, we cannot really help you with the exact pricing of your coins.  Hence why I sent you the link to NGC's price guide for Peace Dollars.  The grades on the ICG holders will be good guidelines for the grade and the potential value of your coins. 

Knox,

I would expect to take a grade drop on those ICG's when you submit them. In most cases NGC is a little stricter on grading and your grades will drop a little. :wink:

32 minutes ago, Six Mile Rick said:

Knox,

I would expect to take a grade drop on those ICG's when you submit them. In most cases NGC is a little stricter on grading and your grades will drop a little. :wink:

Good point Rick.  I should have mentioned that in my above post.  I have a bad case of Daylight Savings Time Brain today, so I failed to do so.   Thank you for adding that!