Possible Proof? Help Welcomed
3 3

70 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Mohawk said:

I gave you a like :) 

hehe well I was kinda thinking about the OP. I actually gave him valid information on his second set of Morgans from a guy that owns about 106 of them. No Love :-(

Have a nice night MO

j

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, jgrinz said:

hehe well I was kinda thinking about the OP. I actually gave him valid information on his second set of Morgans from a guy that owns about 106 of them. No Love :-(

Have a nice night MO

j

 

 

That's ok.....he REALLY doesn't love me.  Nor I him for that matter of fact. 

You have a great night too J!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually ‘love’ all of you guys, sort of a directive given to me by the one I truly know is Love. I do & have thanked & continue to thank you guys for any meaningful help and I promise I submit to the extensive experience of the people involved & the free advice as Mowhack put it. I believe what you do here is meaningful, it adds value to the numismatic community for one, but also gives those who may not have any other place to go for help with this hobby a invaluable resource, a team of dedicated, knowledgeable, & caring graders, collectors & human beings. There are so many bad examples out there to discourage coin collectors that I’m very appreciative that there is one that holds a true standard of caring & meaning. I inspired someone to collect & never knew it till 2 days ago. He was a boy when I stayed with his family that helped me while I worked & went through college at the same time. He had an actually wonderful set of coins & absorbed every word I told him. He’s a doctors son & he’s going through & getting his Docterate in physical therapy/preventative treatment. I only showed the kids my coins a few times & never realized how observant they truly were. He has 5 btw. So, he saw how it took my interest, I was late teens early 20s then and after life moved on developed his own unique experience with the hobby. Have a wonderful week,

Travis

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude, a novice can tell that coin is polished. But you have been afforded the confirmation from experts in the field who have worked as professional graders at major TPGs in this thread. And yet somehow growing up in Lousiana and being an accountant has given you the gut feeling that somehow trumps these expert opinions in your mind? Why dont you send the coin to NGC or PCGS and for $30 you'll save hours of writing and making people read, ridiculous posts.

Link to post
Share on other sites

32 here, hardcore Morgan collector, none of these are proofs, most are cleaned.  

If you really believe they're proofs, you can line up the die diagnostics using VAMWorld.  And this aint horseshoes or hand grenades, close doesn't count.  It has to be 100%.  Then you can go pay for grading and get your branch mint proofs and and enjoy your windfall.

But none of that will happen, you'll just be $200 poorer and stuck with a pile of cleaned Morgans nobody wants.  Also, if you want me to read your posts, try paragraphs.  I see a wall of text and my brain just goes "No."

Edited by FADE TO BLACK
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Travis Hale said:

The doctorate is actually in medicine, he’s a millionaire & has actual intelligence.... not uneducated opinions....

Oh yes, it must be a branch mint proof because being a medical doctor and an alleged millionaire makes someone qualified to properly make that determination.  Why don't you put up or shut up Travis......send the damned thing into NGC and get it certified.  If you're so sure of yourself, why haven't you done this already?  If you have a branch mint proof Morgan, the costs of the certification are nothing compared to the value of the coin.

Edited by Mohawk
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Travis Hale said:

I’m not a troll & im not positive Mohack that I’d trust the NGC. There are many other options now. It’s a global economy & yes, even you are guaranteed to compete, or be complete..... I’m your huckleberry friend 

o.O What?! This is just......Wow.  This is a verbal catastrophe.  Do you even know what you're trying to say now Travis?  Should we be concerned? Do you need the care of your millionaire medical doctor?  What, may I ask, is a huckleberry friend and what did I do to deserve you as mine?  Am I able to request a different huckleberry friend?  Because I don't think that you're working out well as mine.  You can't even spell my name correctly:(.  A true huckleberry friend should know that I'm Mohawk, not Mohack. 

Edited by Mohawk
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Travis Hale said:

I’m not a troll & im not positive Mohack that I’d trust the NGC. There are many other options now. It’s a global economy & yes, even you are guaranteed to compete, or be complete..... I’m your huckleberry friend 

Why don’t you name just three of those “many other options” for attributing the coin? I think I see where this is going. By not submitting the coin to a highly regarded grading company, you can continue to live your fantasy. Enjoy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The entire world is constantly increasing competition even on companies that thought their authentication was the only option. Their are many others now & I’m promise your limited scope on the 3 your referring too is what will be many companies downfalls. I’ve lived all over the world & I know for a fact this is true for all business whether you want to recognize yourself as that or not. I’ve seen jobs like yours turn into a SWOT downfall. Pride usually comes before a huge fall. Why do you think most businesses have relocated outside domestic. Even your company is doing its best to do so also & compete even though judging those coins were never done by them before. They are 1 of many competing on a world stage & have no such monopoly on grading as was thought before. Your job is less & less unique day by day do to many factors including availability of the knowledge & technology kept. This ‘hobby’ for me is a passion for my free time. Just like the jewelry & jewel market, the volatility of yours is way up. Israel has a leading contender & rightfully so. They dig coins up that you guys refuse. You can call me a troll & continue to devalue the reputation of the NGC, but it does not change the fact that your niche, is no longer a niche. & out of all the coffee shops in the world, y’all are not Starbucks, by no means...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Travis Hale said:

The entire world is constantly increasing competition even on companies that thought their authentication was the only option. Their are many others now & I’m promise your limited scope on the 3 your referring too is what will be many companies downfalls. I’ve lived all over the world & I know for a fact this is true for all business whether you want to recognize yourself as that or not. I’ve seen jobs like yours turn into a SWOT downfall. Pride usually comes before a huge fall. Why do you think most businesses have relocated outside domestic. Even your company is doing its best to do so also & compete even though judging those coins were never done by them before. They are 1 of many competing on a world stage & have no such monopoly on grading as was thought before. Your job is less & less unique day by day do to many factors including availability of the knowledge & technology kept. This ‘hobby’ for me is a passion for my free time. Just like the jewelry & jewel market, the volatility of yours is way up. Israel has a leading contender & rightfully so. They dig coins up that you guys refuse. You can call me a troll & continue to devalue the reputation of the NGC, but it does not change the fact that your niche, is no longer a niche. & out of all the coffee shops in the world, y’all are not Starbucks, by no means...

I was done with this thread when you said you had a friend with a PHD who would do something about something to prove a negative, But this last "post" of yours has raised my curiosity as to how deep you're willing to go....

How are you going to reign it back in....

It's a lot like dinner theater.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2019 at 8:11 PM, Travis Hale said:

I have backing by professional grader with PHD on PF New Orleans Morgan. Prominance established by a true adult. Closer to that crow you may eat....

I don't think the Dr would appreciate you dragging his name through the mud cesspool you are exhibiting.  By backing do you mean prodding you in back. By the way Crow is high in protein about the same as Woodpecker or spotted owl, although the craw is a bit more gritty. And the feathers do add a bit of fluff to your post.hm

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, rrantique said:

craw is a bit more gritty. And the feathers do add a bit of fluff to your post.hm

When I was a younger man I was fishing near a reservation....or on one?...a man my age brought a black crow feather to me and set it down. Little did I know, but soon found out...one of hardest, longest fights I was ever in...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
3 3