Whats up with this Pop-up?
0

15 posts in this topic

17,071 posts

Everytime I log-in and change pages within the threads, I get this always popping up at the bottom of my screen. I have changed my settings to No Notifications. Is this my Win 10 doing this to me? 

 

note bar.jpg

Edited by bsshog40

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
887 posts

Hit your notifications bell at top of page, open window and click on settings. Mine may be different with windows 7 and I admit I'm not real good at this stuff. You may have inadvertently changed a setting.

Edited by numisport

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,171 posts

In order for my 8 year old MacBook Pro to work "fine," I routinely clear the entire History with the click of a button.

It sort of resets everything, clears out caches, and erases cookies and other website data.  (Passwords are saved for all websites, in a password vault.)

When I come back to NGC, I need to log on, and I come in through the Registry page, where I click the Log On box, my log on info appears, I just click it and hit "return," and I'm logged on.

Then, when I hit the Chat Boards to come here, I immediately get a Safari alert window, which has to do with NGC wanting to send me Notifications.

It is a question of "allow" or "don't allow."  I always click "don't allow," and I'm never asked this Safari question further, until I clear the entire History again, and the whole process repeats.

I've never gotten pop ups, ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,171 posts

Btw, I do get Notification pop ups when someone replies or reacts to a post I've made when I'm on the Chat Boards.

But I don't get the sort of pop ups you describe, from just browsing around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17,071 posts

Yea I have disabled notifications but it still pops up all the time. Oh well, guess I'll live with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,815 posts
On 3/3/2019 at 5:52 PM, bsshog40 said:

Yea I have disabled notifications but it still pops up all the time. Oh well, guess I'll live with it. 

Do not let Microsoft control you - Wassup Bob.

Its  windows 10 setting that must have been switched on somehow

Bottom left hit the window - On The pop up on the right hit settings

In the window type in notifications

Hit the Notifications actions and settings menu button

Scroll right window down until you see that "get notifications from aps and other senders" - you will probably see that on.

shut it off and close out all windows

should be good after that

Goodday Mate 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17,071 posts
23 hours ago, jgrinz said:

Do not let Microsoft control you - Wassup Bob.

Its  windows 10 setting that must have been switched on somehow

Bottom left hit the window - On The pop up on the right hit settings

In the window type in notifications

Hit the Notifications actions and settings menu button

Scroll right window down until you see that "get notifications from aps and other senders" - you will probably see that on.

shut it off and close out all windows

should be good after that

Goodday Mate 

 

Whats up my friend! 

Yea I have turned every notification that I am able to off but it still pops up. I'm pretty sure its a win 10 issue but it's odd as it's only this site that it pops up on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,587 posts

You got an update that reset some of your choices. You need to change your update settings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,815 posts
On 3/10/2019 at 7:19 PM, bsshog40 said:

Whats up my friend! 

Yea I have turned every notification that I am able to off but it still pops up. I'm pretty sure its a win 10 issue but it's odd as it's only this site that it pops up on. 

When you hit the bell on the top right on the forum and hit notifications settings do you see this picture ???

screen.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,365 posts

I'm on win 10 and I don't get that notification, must be a setting somewhere, in fact I don't recall ever getting that popup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,815 posts

Scroll down there is another page of stuff

 

Edited by jgrinz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17,071 posts
15 hours ago, jgrinz said:

Scroll down there is another page of stuff

 

Yea, I only have a couple of those on pertaining to post responses or quotes. Other than that, all are off. I ain't gonna worry about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
0