What you need to know about posting coins for inquiry
3 3

105 posts in this topic

On 2/22/2019 at 3:08 PM, JKK said:

If you argue about a "double die" at fatuous length when it's clear you don't know what one really is, you will look like the kid with soot all over him insisting he didn't really dig around in the fireplace.

Don't be that kid.

Your entire post is AWESOME JKK!! But, your last sentence I quoted above is so true and made me laugh out loud😂. Excellently well put in its entirety and thank you for spending your valuable VOLUNTEERED TIME AND EXPERTISE in composing that educational post and really getting to the point. Not to say that newcomers to this great hobby will still need guidance, and the advice, and the professional educational input of the veterans on this site but, your well written detailed outline should really help narrow down some of the confusion while possibly shortening  the learning curve of newcomers (especially to NOT argue with the pros here on the forum!!!). Great job!!!👍

On 4/3/2021 at 9:00 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:

Is it just me...or did the activity in the NEWBIE section increase a ton in recent weeks/months ? 

Maybe I never focused on it before, but I would see threads falling down from lack of activity and just aging with no new posts....now, I see tons of New Threads started and lots of activity and posts on them.

Maybe an NGC Mod can chime in or a veteran poster and watcher of the Newbie section.

I think it's increased. There have been some adverse side effects, but I think they come with the territory.

On 4/4/2021 at 12:00 AM, GoldFinger1969 said:

or did the activity in the NEWBIE section increase a ton in recent weeks/months ? 

1.  Boredom?  2.  Being played?  3.  The names have been changed to protect the?

2 hours ago, Alex in PA. said:

1.  Boredom?  2.  Being played?  3.  The names have been changed to protect the?

I think there might be more positive explanations, even if we do get some people who are basically e-herpes outbreaks. It could be, for example, that the effort most of you put forth helping new posters encourages others. Not sure how others decide which forums to join, but I usually look one over pretty well for a little bit. The average, hopeful, sane, realistic enthusiast would find that other hopeful, sane, realistic enthusiasts find warm welcomes and educational guidance. Not from everyone, of course, but those aren't needed from everyone--just enough to help them understand their coins.

12 hours ago, JKK said:

I think there might be more positive explanations,

I was keeping track of these so called 'nubies' who would post once or twice, mostly belligerent, but when it exceeded more in two months than CU had in five years I gave up.  Two guys we all know.  One thought he would assume command of this forum and another, long termer, was badly treated by some Veteran Members here of the Forum.  You can change the name but you can't change the style.  

Edited by Alex in PA.

2 hours ago, Alex in PA. said:

See Cheap MUT 22 Coins post

I haven't seen that. It might be in one of the forums I don't follow (which is most of them).

13 minutes ago, Alex in PA. said:

US World Ancients

Either I'm going blind, or there is no thread or user implying "cheap MUT 22 coins" in there, at least not on the first two pages of threads. I know it's not someone I have on ignore because I still see all their threads (unfortunately).

16 minutes ago, JKK said:

"cheap MUT 22 coins"

Sorry.  I know why it got the 'poof'.  It was SPAM and Just Bob called it out and I believe he and I reported it as SPAM.  Sorry for that.

1 hour ago, JKK said:

I know it's not someone

Got another one in the last 30 minutes.  This place is popular.  :bigsmile:

I read pcgs forum looking at coin talk I’m here because I feel at home sometimes confused by posters here like slick coin need help but I am a newbie and that’s why I’m here.  Oh ya someone in oversight please check on slick coin. I really don’t like hi jackers

Edited by James Zyskowski

50 minutes ago, James Zyskowski said:

I read pcgs forum looking at coin talk I’m here because I feel at home sometimes confused by posters here like slick coin need help but I am a newbie and that’s why I’m here.  Oh ya someone in oversight please check on slick coin. I really don’t like hi jackers

If you want admin action, this is not the place to seek it. For that, you need to report the post and explain why. The admins will review it and decide if any action is warranted.