• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Full set of lincolns value. (1909-2018)

9 posts in this topic

What would a 271 complete set minus 1974 on s proofs be worth,with and without the most major errors1917 55,69,72 ddo's etc... With a grade of ms50+and how is something that big graded? Individually or the complete set???? Thanks for the help

One would figure out the value of the most expensive coins in the set. Then work downward till you get to commons that are not worth much.

Cents in particular are effected by if they are red, red/brown, brown. Unless a coin is valuable brown really takes away from it value.

That would be a well circulated set not an AU 50+ set.

On 2/13/2019 at 2:10 PM, Rob1983 said:

With a grade of ms50+and how is something that big graded? Individually or the complete set????

Individually.

I use market parameters, (we combine known sales and average then I look at what the girls marked as out of change for eye appealing or grade) take this and ask why on this coin or set and then see what's out of its rightful place. Over the years I've noticed too many people enter in this hobby not understanding why and when to overpay for things. And our guided aren't always right. Only when your buying we use...but when I'm buying we use...? No wonder I started specializing and started dropping shows more years ago...some sets I look at I don't even want. No one else does either...cleaned out a ton of material in 2015...2006 it was easier to move at a higher price. Better condition set upwards of a grand...lower circulated not even $300. IMHO...

On 2/16/2019 at 2:19 AM, Conder101 said:

That would be a well circulated set not an AU 50+ set.

Individually.

I understand the AU50+ my hands were typing faster than I could think. Most of the coins are already graded at AU50. I own the set already with a few of the most knowledgeable errors as previously stated so we're does the WELL CIRCULATED come into to play I don't understand  and I was trying to figure out the overall value and how to go about the few that are not graded being graded?? Thanks for all and any help

On 2/18/2019 at 4:55 PM, Rob1983 said:

Most of the coins are already graded at AU50. I own the set already with a few of the most knowledgeable errors as previously stated so we're does the WELL CIRCULATED come into to play I don't understand 

Matt_Dac said that you could buy a circulated set for $300, I said that would be for a well circulated set, not an AU 50+ set as you described.

On Ebay I paid many multiples of that $300 for a raw set without the SVDB, 14D, 22 Plain, 31S, 55/55 and 72/72.  2/3 of the coins before 1940 were G-F and most of the rest were VF-AU.

Point being it is impossible to price anything without pictures.