• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1964 coin

6 posts in this topic

I have 1964 coin which is the monticello building is doubled. In this picture u guys can't see the double. Because of the poor quality of the photo. So I want to know is this coin worth or not

IMG_20190213_202718.jpg

IMG_20190213_202702.jpg

1 hour ago, MarkFeld said:

I do not think the coin has any extra value and it should be OK to spend.

I well come your opinion but there is double  DIY on the monticello building. That's y I ask. U can't see clearly in that photo because of the poor quality of photos 

7 minutes ago, Mujeeb said:

I well come your opinion but there is double  DIY on the monticello building. That's y I ask. U can't see clearly in that photo because of the poor quality of photos 

There are countless coins with minor errors or differences, that do not sell for extra money. The fact that the doubling doesn't show, even in your large photos, tells me that it's insignificant. Usually, the more significant and eye-catching the error, the better chance that it's worth a premium. 

1 hour ago, MarkFeld said:

There are countless coins with minor errors or differences, that do not sell for extra money. The fact that the doubling doesn't show, even in your large photos, tells me that it's insignificant. Usually, the more significant and eye-catching the error, the better chance that it's worth a premium. 

Agreed.  Any type of doubling that would add value to the coin would be pronounced enough to show up in the photos.  Mark is correct in his assessment of your coin.

If you really believe you have a double die,  please do yourself a favor and google Brian's Variety coins.  There's a complete list of Wexlers double die Jefferson's. This way you don't have to be disappointed each time someone gives you bad news in the forum.  These guys see many coins and I myself value their opinion.  Good luck.