WTB 1930 - S Merc MS65FB
1 1

11 posts in this topic

1,342 posts

As the title states I'm looking for one of these in an NGC holder, I know of a  PCGS 67 at Heritage but that will be out of my price range.  There is also a PCGS 65 on the APMEX website, but it is not a very appealing looking coin to me.  So if you have seen one or know of one for sale please let me know.

1,342 posts

Jan bump, found another 67 but those are way out of the budget, hoping somebody may spot one at FUN.

6,791 posts

According to the census there are ONLY 26 of them in that grade 

Good Luck :-)

1,342 posts

Thanks @jgrinz I looked at the top 25 NGC merc registry sets and there is only one of this date/grade in all those sets; I have to wonder just how many of the reported 26 there are and how many have been moved to PCGS plastic but not removed from the pops.  As a side note it's rather sad that most of the top ten merc sets here are (or almost) 100% PCGS coins.

6,791 posts
On 3/20/2019 at 11:58 PM, Coinbuf said:

Thanks @jgrinz I looked at the top 25 NGC merc registry sets and there is only one of this date/grade in all those sets; I have to wonder just how many of the reported 26 there are and how many have been moved to PCGS plastic but not removed from the pops.  As a side note it's rather sad that most of the top ten merc sets here are (or almost) 100% PCGS coins.

I dont look at them - I flick the switch from all coins to NGC only and then it recompiles the top sets by NGC coins :-) I am evil like that

1,342 posts

Still looking, only know of one in PCGS plastic at DLRC, but wrong plastic and over retail price.  Give me a shout if you have one or know of one for sale.

6,791 posts

NO FB though :(

4980 May-2019 $331 MS65 NGC Heritage Auctions Internet U.S. Coin Auction #131918 Auction

1,342 posts

I did see that one, but I want the FB so I didn't pursue it.  Tough hunt so far but that's ok I'm patient.