• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hindsight and Dread. And Investment and Return.

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am new to message boarding and my approach may seem curious and even goofy, but I want to assure any readers that I will always approach it with sincerity and honesty. So thank You. Now having said that I thought I would share my experience of my first submission for authentication and grading. A couple of you may remember I had posted a curiosity about the Jefferson Nickel.  Whether or not I had a business strike or Proof, and 5 full Steps or not, seemed cut and dry to me. HA! HA! HA!  Is what I can say now that my submission has arrived and I will soon have my coin knowledge and a  numismatist grade to confirm it.  It was approx. two weeks for the entire process from submission to delivery. Very satisfied, and the tracking process is also nice. With my membership costs I was at about an even hundred dollars total cost for what I am finding is going to be the best investment I will make. I have given the number needed to view the coin if anyone is interested. 4716663-001.  I have learned that the 1965 Jefferson Nickel is one of the most produced American coins. In the Billions. Whereas the Proof portion of these numbers is in the single digit millions.  I now know the entire process of coin manufacturing, as well as an understanding of the special care taken to produce collectable coins for collectors. The Third side of the coin was the aspect of identification that I failed to recognise before I had sent the coin off. Had I fully inspected the coin I could of made a better decision. Putting it plainly the Nickel I purchased nearly fifty years ago, which was in a cellophane wrapper with the word "uncirculated" on it, has now been JUDGED.  So if you would like, or even care to know just how I feel about the outcome, then Please look for yourself. 

Thanks for taking the time,

Brian

I am curious, but in order to lookup the coin using the certification number provided we would need the numerical grade. 

I did a little digging, and I believe I found your coin. It is a 1964 Jefferson correct? If so, that’s not a bad outcome for a first time submission. 

On 12/21/2018 at 10:51 AM, bottlebum said:

The suspense is killing me. :popcorn:

From the certification number given, it's a 1964 PF 67.

NGC price guide value - $20

Number of NGC graded in PF 67 - 1973

Number of NGC graded higher - 8660