• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Found detecting

6 posts in this topic

Very cool...last summer I was invited to Tennessee to detect and found a 2 cent piece...in the same area that Day a few Civil War Relics were found...we drove to an old mansion way back in the country and a couple people looked at everything and the owners told me to keep the coin..I thanked them and complimented them on the land...they told me they've had offers over 10 million given location and proximity to engagements, said developers offered about half that, it was collectors who offered more...wow! Must be some deep pockets in that stuff?

On 12/12/2018 at 6:25 PM, Numismatic, A.A.S. said:

Very cool...last summer I was invited to Tennessee to detect and found a 2 cent piece...in the same area that Day a few Civil War Relics were found...we drove to an old mansion way back in the country and a couple people looked at everything and the owners told me to keep the coin..I thanked them and complimented them on the land...they told me they've had offers over 10 million given location and proximity to engagements, said developers offered about half that, it was collectors who offered more...wow! Must be some deep pockets in that stuff?

Sounds like a great spot to hunt.

6 hours ago, bottlebum said:

Sounds like a great spot to hunt.

My first time there, I am really impressed with what was found. I am told many engagements and troop traffic through there...most importantly, the Family seemed well versed and not selfish. Although I figured out on my own some rules they have, I was educated about Chickamauga and Shiloh. They wished it could be regulated but understand how certain people can behave, so I figured years later if I was given the chance again I would...funny, but I was told some times you won't find anything. They had snacks and snake kit, refreshments, they were in a magazine a couple times also.