1795 Coin DRAPED BUST $1
1 1

7 posts in this topic

4,028 posts

Welcome to the forum. Your coin, unfortunately, is not real. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 posts
3 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

Welcome to the forum. Your coin, unfortunately, is not real. 

How do you know that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,028 posts

To avoid giving counterfeiters any assistance, I am hesitant to point out specific areas where your coin is lacking in proper detail, so I will provide a link to a picture of a genuine coin. You can see for yourself, if you compare your coin to the genuine example, that yours is a fake. I hope you didn't pay anything for it.

Click here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 posts
31 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

To avoid giving counterfeiters any assistance, I am hesitant to point out specific areas where your coin is lacking in proper detail, so I will provide a link to a picture of a genuine coin. You can see for yourself, if you compare your coin to the genuine example, that yours is a fake. I hope you didn't pay anything for it. 

Click here

I found that there are two types of coins, mine is more similar to this https://auctions.stacksbowers.com/lots/view/3-4HYDD . But yes, I think that mine is false, fortunately, I just pay $1 for it. Thank you anyway for your answer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,028 posts

If you only paid one dollar for a coin that would normally sell for 5 figures in that condition,  that should give you a clue that something is fishy.;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 posts
3 hours ago, Just Bob said:

If you only paid one dollar for a coin that would normally sell for 5 figures in that condition,  that should give you a clue that something is fishy.;)

I know that, I bought it because I liked it. I don't know about coins, and I don't think that the seller knows neither, but searching on the Internet I really thought that it was something values (that's why I'm here), but now I guess I just have a new nice coin for my little collection

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1