1795 Coin DRAPED BUST $1
1 1

7 posts in this topic

4,028 posts

Welcome to the forum. Your coin, unfortunately, is not real. 

4 posts
3 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

Welcome to the forum. Your coin, unfortunately, is not real. 

How do you know that?

4,028 posts

To avoid giving counterfeiters any assistance, I am hesitant to point out specific areas where your coin is lacking in proper detail, so I will provide a link to a picture of a genuine coin. You can see for yourself, if you compare your coin to the genuine example, that yours is a fake. I hope you didn't pay anything for it.

Click here

4 posts
31 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

To avoid giving counterfeiters any assistance, I am hesitant to point out specific areas where your coin is lacking in proper detail, so I will provide a link to a picture of a genuine coin. You can see for yourself, if you compare your coin to the genuine example, that yours is a fake. I hope you didn't pay anything for it. 

Click here

I found that there are two types of coins, mine is more similar to this https://auctions.stacksbowers.com/lots/view/3-4HYDD . But yes, I think that mine is false, fortunately, I just pay $1 for it. Thank you anyway for your answer 

4,028 posts

If you only paid one dollar for a coin that would normally sell for 5 figures in that condition,  that should give you a clue that something is fishy.;)

4 posts
3 hours ago, Just Bob said:

If you only paid one dollar for a coin that would normally sell for 5 figures in that condition,  that should give you a clue that something is fishy.;)

I know that, I bought it because I liked it. I don't know about coins, and I don't think that the seller knows neither, but searching on the Internet I really thought that it was something values (that's why I'm here), but now I guess I just have a new nice coin for my little collection