• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2017 Spiderman Gold Coin

3 posts in this topic

If you are referring to the Cook Island Spider-Man Homecoming coin, I think that, with a mintage limited to 250,  there will always be a demand for this one. Whether or not that demand will be strong remains to be seen. With Stan Lee having passed away,  it could be a very sought after item in the future, in my opinion, but don't take this as a recommendation to buy. I am wary of "current fad" type issues, and there are many more collectables out there at a much lower price. That said, if I were going to buy one, I would get a PCGS or NGC graded PR70 with the red insert.

If you are talking about the Perth mint silver Spiderman that has been gilded in gold by a third party, then no, I don't think it will be worth much more then melt value in the future.

7 hours ago, Just Bob said:

If you are referring to the Cook Island Spider-Man Homecoming coin, I think that, with a mintage limited to 250,  there will always be a demand for this one. Whether it not that demand will be strong remains to be seen. With Stan Lee having passed away,  it could be a very sought after item in the future, in my opinion, but don't take this as a recommendation to buy. I am wary of "current fad" type issues, and there are many more collectables out there at a much lower price. That said, if I were going to buy one, I would get a PCGS or NGC graded PR70 with the red insert.

If you are talking about the Perth mint silver Spiderman that has been gilded in gold by a third party, then no, I don't think it will be worth much more then melt value in the future.

Cook Island Spider Man coin with mintage of 250 will definitely be a coin to snag if your into moderns and what Just Bob said about Stan Lee...that situation will impact later...