• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dont rake me thru the coals.

6 posts in this topic

Can someone please tell me how to remove this haze? The coin is only worth melt, so I would like to know what I could use to remove that white junk. Yes I know. Dont clean. I'm aware, it's just this particular coin. Thank you

20181115_215147.jpg

It's not a high value coin, so I would say try a quick dip in some diluted ez-est, followed by a very through flowing rinse and the a flowing rinse with acetone to dry it.  Won't guarantee it will remove the haze but that is probably your best bet.

I got it off! I got what I assume is super lucky. I dipped in a distilled water mixed with muriatic and nitric acid, then immediately into distilled water, then into acetone. One quick consecutive movement mind you. I experimented with Pennys to get the dilution right. I mixed 2 tablespoons of distilled water with 3 drops of 22k gold testing acid. Voila! Acid mix, pure water, to acetone. That's the key. I didnt leave it in the acid or acetone for more than half a second. thanks for all your help.

20181122_002746.jpg