• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Salem/Roanoke Valley Coin Show

2 posts in this topic

Anyone happen to go to the Salem/Roanoke Valley Coin Show this weekend? I was traveling through Roanoke, but did not have enough time to visit it. Wondering if it is a good show - for my next visit.

thanks

I like to swing by there as I'm pretty local to it (Star City = Roanoke, though technically I think they call it 'Star City of the South').  Unfortunately I work every other-ish weekend and missed this one.  Not a strong amount of world/ancient but I always find something--anything from under a dollar to several hundred when one guy surprised me with something good (and I found him later at Baltimore and spent even more).  I have no idea what really constitutes a good 'local' show, but for me it's worthwhile for a visit.  Sadly, I have yet to make it to the local coin club/group even though they advertise there.  Then again, my collecting tastes are far off the beaten path.