• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Identification of Coin Identification Card

2 posts in this topic

It's original.

If you own the coin, the resolution of the holder on NGC's Coin Verify is crisp enough that you can find many additional "tells" of the holder and coin that will match, in addition to the label print and coin appearance.

If you don't own the coin, ask the "Seller" for high res photos, both sides, to assure yourself further. (Your photos make me believe the identity card is the same, but I have no vested interest other than a cursory opinion.)

For example, I looked up a coin I own on NGC's Coin Verify, and I couldn't be sure about small coin nicks from a photo I took (just with an iPhone) matching their photo because lighting angles were different.  Then I went to the + zoom, and NGC's holder had an accidental fiber to the left of the coin, trapped between the clear plastic and the white insert.  I then looked at my photo and the exact same fiber, same position, same curvature and general length, was seen.