• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What should I get to coin collect?

7 posts in this topic

Hello. So, the other day I was wondering about coin supplies. I have the 2x2s, And some album pages. I want to possibly get a usb microscope things And maybe some good weight. I wish to know if there is anything else I am missing, And whether or not I should get them. Thank you! 

A 10x loupe is worth considering. By weight I think you mean a scale; yeah, those help. I also like my calipers (metric preferable, as the coin world tends to measure coins in mm). There are plastic coin tongs for holding coins that shouldn't be touched with the fingers. There are also what I call leprechaun condoms, small latex fingertip covers that look like party balloons (or like condoms for the very modestly endowed), and cloth gloves. Just don't spend so much on stuff that you don't have any left over for cool coins.