• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Incorrect coin identification on submission...What happens?

2 posts in this topic

I'm having trouble identifying specifically the year and emperor of this Solidus.  If I make the submission with an incorrect identification, does NGC correct it or return?  If you happen to know which Solidus this is, I would appreciate that information as well.

IMG_9775.jpg

IMG_9776.jpg

• Administrator

Thank you for your post. When submitting ancients please put down any relevant information you may have regarding the coin. Our graders will edit the information once they evaluate the coin. 

This is a Solidus of Constantine IV from the Constantinople Mint. Struck Circa 674-681. Helmeted and curiassed bust facing slightly right, holding spear over shoulder and shield / cross potent set upon three steps; crowned and draped figures of Heraclius and Tiberius standing facing each other holding globus cruciger.