• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC Slab making Sound

4 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I hope someone can help me with this as I have never experienced this before. I recently acquired a Pakistan 1977 1000 Rupees Gold coin, which is graded by NGC. The thing which is making me un easy is that when I shake the slab I can hear an obvious sound like white plastic is not fixed and is moving. Also the belly area of case is swollen and touches the surface if coin is placed on a table. The plastic line under the label is also curved outward and does not sits in the groove on white plastic/  Has anyone experienced this before? Is that a sign that slab was either opened or it  is a counterfeit? any help will be highly appreciated

Thanks

2.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

• Administrator

Thank you for your post. The coin looks to be firmly in the core via the images you provided. The noise you are hearing is most likely the white inner core making contact with the outer holder. Given the tolerance of the machinery used to create the cores and holders this can happen on occasion.  This will not cause damage to the coin at all.

57 minutes ago, Matt G said:

Thank you for your post. The coin looks to be firmly in the core via the images you provided. The noise you are hearing is most likely the white inner core making contact with the outer holder. Given the tolerance of the machinery used to create the cores and holders this can happen on occasion.  This will not cause damage to the coin at all.

That outer case is seriously bowed. Will that cause problems in the future?

• Administrator

I do not see anything in the images that cause concern. The coin should be safe inside the holder but you can always submit as a reholder if you are concerned.