• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC Submission

8 posts in this topic

So when looking over my copy of the invoice i sent with my coin to NGC i noticed that i accidentally typed in "dollar" on th submission form instead of "$1". Obviously the coin is a $1 considering it is a Peace Dollar, but will NGC deny my submission because of this honest mistake? Thank you for your time -J.S. 

Yeah, you should have no problems at all.  I'm certain people have done much worse on submission forms.

1 hour ago, Just Bob said:

Welcome to The Forum, JS

Feel free to post pictures of that Peace dollar when you get it back.

This is my first time submitting a coin for grading. I am hopeful, but at the same time I don't expect anything spectacular(if anything). The 1927-S I submitted was very eye appealing(didn't look cleaned and looked to have original luster). Although, it had a peculiar type of shiny like field around what I believe is Liberty's hair bun. There was also a very small portion of the coins reed that had a small indentation(but did not proceed past any portion of the reed onto the coin) in it which I am hoping does not hinder it's grading to much(If it does then I'll take it as a learning experience). Either way to me it looked UNC with just those two negatives. I wish I would have taken pics before sending it in, but I decided to go all in and send it straight to NGC. Someone I know had told me, "There are shiny spots on coins after striking and usually they exist on the flat surfaces where metal flow is at a minimum". I do not know much about this topic, but maybe some of you could give me some ideas as to what it may be. Thank you for your time - J.S.