One of the worst fake Trade Dollars I've seen

5 posts in this topic

This coin is being offered on Ebay as an error, since it is missing an L in DOLLAR.  I don't even need to ask the forum if it is a phony, this one is obvious, and being offered on Ebay as genuine by a seller with over 100,000 positive feedback score!  He had a couple coins I was interested in, but somewhat questionable as to whether they had been cleaned, but after seeing this one, there is no way I would buy anything from him.

Here is the Ebay link.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/1877-s-Trade-Dollar-Error-Missing-L-Dollar-Reverse-High-Grade-93355-/362355706294?hash=item545e1549b6

fake1.jpg

fake2.jpg

Edited by JIM F.
On 7/8/2018 at 1:33 AM, JIM F. said:

This coin is being offered on Ebay as an error, since it is missing an L in DOLLAR.  I don't even need to ask the forum if it is a phony, this one is obvious, and being offered on Ebay as genuine by a seller with over 100,000 positive feedback score!  He had a couple coins I was interested in, but somewhat questionable as to whether they had been cleaned, but after seeing this one, there is no way I would buy anything from him.

Here is the Ebay link.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/1877-s-Trade-Dollar-Error-Missing-L-Dollar-Reverse-High-Grade-93355-/362355706294?hash=item545e1549b6

fake1.jpg

fake2.jpg

Agreed, run from this one for sure.

5 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

I sent the seller this message:

Even a cursory glance at a real trade dollar should be enough to convince you that this coin is a fake, and not a very good one.

This was his response:

You and your 357 feed backs have NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT

I have been selling coins mail order since 1961

We have 106,000 feedbacks on eBay

If you want to buy his coin and send it to a grading service

I WILL PAY YOU $1,000.00 and refund if it comes bank not genuine.

Please don't bother people as a hobby.

We have better things to do than respond to idiotic messages.

Theconsignmenthub