• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Two questions: Submitting raw with label and registry points?

2 posts in this topic

Hello.   I just submitted my first batch of coins to NGC.   One was a crack out that I had in an album, that I had personally cracked out.   I submitted it in a Saflip with the rest of them but I taped the label it had onto the plastic.   It doesn't classify as a re-holder because it is raw and I didn't ask for a re-grade.   Basically I'd be happy with the same grade on it but was wondering if they will be willing to look at the label and compare to photos they have to verify it's the same and just re-use the grade and serial number?  Or will it now be newly graded with a new number?  Its a branch mint 20 cent so it was an effort by me to not screw up the census.

Next question.   Are registry points assigned to shipwreck coins with shipwreck affect designation.   I've seen some I'd like to own regardless as a way to have them in conditions I likely otherwise wouldn't be able to afford, but just curious if they get points on the registry.   Thanks.

• Administrator

Thank you for your questions. Regarding the raw coin, it will not be considered for a regrade as it is not in a holder. We will grade it as a raw coin and assign a new certification number to it. We will remove the original certification number from our census using the label you provided. 

Please contact our registry team directly at the email address below as the ship wreck coins may be on a case by case basis. Thank you

registry@ngccoin.com