• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Combining of Forums

10 posts in this topic

For Pete's sake, isn't anyone going to comment on the combining of forums, or have I missed something? I'll start: excellent idea, I've already learned a bit about ancients. Further, there are a number of topics that are of interest to all collectors, such as show reports. 

Since I returned to the forum, I have just used the "Unread Content" feature. There are usually just a few posts anyway, so I always read all of them. I learn a little more this way.

Consolidation isn't really a "simplification" processes. It's an acknowledgement that participation and page views are down and consolidation will make it appear there is more visitor traffic.

The fundamental difficulty is that the message board changes created lower quality and increased user frustration, especially when compared to competing message boards.

On 6/29/2018 at 1:57 PM, RWB said:

Consolidation isn't really a "simplification" processes. It's an acknowledgement that participation and page views are down and consolidation will make it appear there is more visitor traffic.

The fundamental difficulty is that the message board changes created lower quality and increased user frustration, especially when compared to competing message boards.

Exactly what I was going to say. (It is a simplification in that now I only have to fight with opening one page, instead of going to four different ghost towns). 

This is not increasing traffic - it's just putting all the traffic in one place so it looks busier. Rather than appearing totally dead, now the forums only look mostly dead.