• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1982 transition penny lincoln memorial

5 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Conder101 said:

You have a 1982 D LARGE date copper cent.  It is very common.

I thought it might be LG.  Date. With all the double die on-the-2 and triple lines at the edge plus

!the other errors. Maybe that die was worn. Thanks for your input. Still a 1 of a error coin. 

IMG_20180531_230316.jpg

Image isn't good enough to see any doubling and I don't see any other errors on the coin, just Post Strike Damage.

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 9:25 AM, Conder101 said:

Image isn't good enough to see any doubling and I don't see any other errors on the coin, just Post Strike Damage.

Exactly what Conder said.  You seem to be interested in searching for variety and error coins.  May I recommend a couple of books to you? The first is the Cherrypicker's Guide by Bill Fivaz and JT Stanton, which comes in two volumes.  The second is Strike It Rich with Pocket Change by Ken Potter and Brian Allen.  These books both list and illustrate many different varieties across many US coin types.  This way, you'll have a list of good things to look for and some good photos of the varieties or errors in question and you'll have a better idea of what to look for and what different types of varieties and errors actually look like.  These books were key sources in my numismatic education and I still use them today.  Remember the old adage: Buy the book before you buy the coin.