• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1982 zinc 2 toned and a . After the america?!

25 posts in this topic

I see it. It's either a period or an incomplete exclamation mark. Hard to tell at this point. <-Natural Pun

1 hour ago, shazlehurst said:

does that mean it is a new 1982 new variety?

Well, let's see. That's an interesting question. If a (1)NEW 1982 variety is something that didnt exist before but now does. Then (2)NEW 1982 NEW variety would have to be a variety that didnt exist and also doesnt exist now? In that case, yes, it is.

No, Heritage may try and steal it from you. Youll have to put it on ebay and stay in control of the money exchange yourself.

Mumu, that's not nice.... What about the ear? Seriously mu, can ya tell me that? Cuz the truth is, were 2 ppl. Me and my husband . He and I never agree on any penny being an error. I must see differently than him, even though our vision is the same. So he didn't see any double ear (mine) and I didn't think that . Or whatever was anything.... So we ask a third opinion. I'd like to win, and find the first one between us worth more than a cent, but don't want to be led thinking I won by finding an error penny. So if ya can, is the ear a double ear...? Thanks mumu

I think all your pennies in these posts are just pennies.  I think a better place to start is looking for double dies or varieties that are known to exist where you can search the Internet for pictures of examples.  While "new" double dies likely do exist in the world, you obviously do not have the skill and knowledge to identify them yet.  I am in the same boat in that I thought I had a dime that was special, it wasn't.  The difference is I had photos of the real thing and mine where a real discussion could occur.  Not simply asking, getting replies and not learning from the reply.  Stick with known varieties, build knowledge, then branch out to new discoveries.

It's probably nothing more that a minute die chip on the corner of the letter A. Die chips make raised areas on the coin especially when they are connected to a letter or other devices on the striking die.

FYI this guy is ATS trolling posting dozens of posts like these with circulated pocket change. I think they are semi banned there as it is.

11 minutes ago, mumu said:

FYI this guy is ATS trolling posting dozens of posts like these with circulated pocket change. I think they are semi banned there as it is.

i reported it as spam here already

Sorry if not everyone is a coin expert like you people. All we asked we're questions, from knowledgeable people. No intention of spam or anything rude. You are all pretty rude, with the exception of 1-2 people.😀

11 minutes ago, shazlehurst said:

Sorry if not everyone is a coin expert like you people. All we asked we're questions, from knowledgeable people. No intention of spam or anything rude. You are all pretty rude, with the exception of 1-2 people.😀

Are you having fun? Thats all that matters. 

29 minutes ago, shazlehurst said:

Love u guys! Your so helpful and kind.

Maybe if you stop clowning around and put some serious effort into the hobby youll find a wheat cent struck on a 1964-D Peace dollar planchet instead of this rubbish.

It's 2 people. We both don't know anything . Husband and wife. Never agree on anything and ARE trying.... But all this period this, and E that I'd HIM! I think it's crazy and stupid when he says those things too. Mine was the ear.... Which is still unclear... But I'm the one with more logic 🤣

It's in 1982 cent with what appears to be a die chip after America. It is not a variety because it most likely does not appear on every coin struck by that die. It is also not an error. It is what would be considered a die stage, a sudden and distinct change in the die that occurs through usage or accident.

My opinion (doesn't matter) is coin collecting is a fun thing to do to keep from being bored.  If you and your husband are fighting about it, that sorta takes the fun out of it.  There are a lot of people out there looking for mint errors, thinking they may be worth something.  To me, mint errors occur sometimes no matter how careful they are.  I consider these coins to be sub-standard and defective.  I have no interest in them, and if I find something like this, I usually just want to get rid of them because I'm looking for perfection, not mistakes.  I'm not knocking you or your husband for your interests.  Go ahead and keep looking for errors.  But if you are getting a lot of rude replies to your posts asking if some defect is an "error", maybe consider your hobby a personal one that doesn't need to be posted.  I've got a lot of "common" coins in uncommonly high grades, but I don't post pictures of every one of them because I don't want to be a bother to some of the more educated people here.  I'm sorry if this seems rude, but I don't know how to break the news to you in a nice manner.  :-) 

It appears to be a very minor die chip and adds nothing to the face vale of the coin.