• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1990 P Full Step

9 posts in this topic

In order for a Jefferson to qualify for the "full step" designation, the lines of the 5 or 6 steps must be unbroken all the way across. Sadly, your coin does not fit that description.

5 hours ago, CoinGod89 said:

Maybe try reading up a little bit more on the Jefferson FS yeah.

Just so there is no misunderstanding:

Are you saying that I need to read up a little bit more, or are you talking about yourself?

I will overlook your attempted insult, and stick to the issue at hand.

It appears that you do not understand what the term "Full Steps" means, so let me begin by referring to the description which you posted:

"Must be no disturbance of the steps, due to strike weakness, contact marks, or planchet problems."

Now, let me attempt to enlighten you.  The fact that you can see 5 or 6 steps at some point does not mean that the steps are full. The phrase "no disturbance" means that the lines have to run unbroken from one side to the other. The spots of wear in the center and on the left of the steps are interrupting the lines, as is the large contact mark on the left. Therefore, since the steps do not run continuously from one side to the other, they can not be considered "full."

If that is not clear enough, let me know, and I will try to explain it more fully. As you stated, "knowledge is power."