• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Morgan, Peace, and Ike dollars...plus a few others

4 posts in this topic

Hi All.  I'm a noob so my apologies ahead of time if I'm off on any lingo or info.  Just to give a little background, I recently inherited some coins from my parents that I'm offering out.  They were all acquired in the 1970's and purchased graded, but the grades were likely too high on many/most of them.  I know this because I recently submitted a handful for grading by NGC and they came back 2-3 grades less than previously listed.  Most of the coins were sold to my dad as MS 65 but I think they're more than likely MS 60-63.  There might be a few MS 65 in there, but, obviously, I'm no expert and wouldn't know without submitting them.  Anyway, here's the list of what's available.  I can send photos of anything of interest and am even open to sending more coins in for grading if anyone wants to go that route.

MORGAN

1878 7TF REV OF 79  (15 available)

1878 8TF

1878 7/8TF

1878 CC

1879 S

1880 S

1882 CC

1882 S  (20 available)

1884 O

1885 CC

1890 S

1891 CC

1891 S

1899 O

1901 O

PEACE

1922 D

1926 S

1927 S

I also have some different Ike dollars, some Kennedy half dollars, Washington quarters, and a few gold quarter eagles.  If anyone's interested in the gold coins, I'll need to submit the gold coins first to make sure they're genuine.  Cheers and let me know if anything's of interest.

Regards,

Mike

Just edit your post when you get the prices together, then reply to it with an explanation to bring it back to the top of the list of posts. Good luck with the sale, and welcome to the forum.

Edited to add:

Also, clear pictures of the obverse and reverse (front  and back) of each coin will be necessary.  Not many people will chance buying a coin sight unseen, even a graded one.