• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

software programs?

8 posts in this topic

So idh much ofa 'collection', just a bunch of apparently worthless coins. Lol! But I did skip over tosee that program anyway and noticed there was also a program for Canadian coins. Are there coins from other countries that have worth? I didn't think there were, butI definitely have a bunch of foreign coins.

18 hours ago, KarenHolcomb said:

So idh much ofa 'collection', just a bunch of apparently worthless coins. Lol! But I did skip over tosee that program anyway and noticed there was also a program for Canadian coins. Are there coins from other countries that have worth? I didn't think there were, butI definitely have a bunch of foreign coins.

Welcome to the forums. If you would like some information on the worth of your foreign coins, bearing in mind this disclaimer: "... the prices in these guides are designed to serve merely as one of many measures and factors that coin buyers and sellers can use in determining coin values... ,"then our host has provided some information here. Again, let me remind you that any prices given are merely a guide, and that actual values depend on many factors, including condition, market trends, etc. If you would like to post some coins on the appropriate forum to see if any one would like to respond with information, please include good close-up pictures.

Hey Bob, I'm like totally tripping here. I had collected coins since I was a little girl until my apartment was robbed some 20yrs ago. After that I only kept the Wheat Cents that I'd come across every now and then. Always looking for that 1909 or the almighty 1944 Steel Cent. I didn't know anything about a 1943 Copper until about an hour ago. I ramble, I know, bare with me because I can't figure out how to post my question in the forum. Ok, when I recently, like a month ago, decided to start back up, I went through every coin, even all those Wheaties, and wrote down what is there. Bob, I have a 1943 Copper written down, WITH a wide AM apparently, although I'm not sure if that's an error for '43, that's just how I wrote it in my list, 1943 Wide. Must be Philly Mint. I don't have eyes on it right now but it is here in this house I just have to find it, IF it is as valuable as what I just read-only 50 minted and 12 known to be in circulation. Bob, do I have the Copper Ticket here? If I do can you help me for a percentage? Or refer me to someone that can? I mean, I may be leaping too quickly here, but I know what I read and I know what I have written down. Advise me please, kind Sir. Thanks

The odds against finding so rare a coin are astronomical, so I wouldn't place that order for the Bentley just yet. :wink: When you find the coin, test it with a magnet. A steel cent is strongly attracted, and a copper plated one would be, as well.

On 1/26/2018 at 3:52 PM, KarenHolcomb said:

There are plenty of coins from other countries that have worth. I lucked out in our club's monthly raffle and won a Hawaiian dime from the 1880s. Retail value was about $45. There is often less demand for many foreign issues, so it's possible to assemble a very interesting collection for reasonable prices, but some are always in high demand. Anything of Napoleon, for example. Yes, there are Canadian coins that are quite valuable, and their Charlton coin guide is top notch. Any foreign coins you want to post, you know the drill: good obverse and reverse photos, ideally diameter and weight, and one of us will be glad to tell you what you've got.