• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this worth grading and what is its value

10 posts in this topic

If this coin was genuine, I'd grade it AU, and it would be worth $7,000. 

However, I'm not sure the piece is genuine. Something feels off about it. The luster looks wrong, and some of the details have me questioning it. I'll wait for some other opinions, but I think it might be a recent Chinese manufacture. 

58 minutes ago, physics-fan3.14 said:

If this coin was genuine, I'd grade it AU, and it would be worth $7,000. 

However, I'm not sure the piece is genuine. Something feels off about it. The luster looks wrong, and some of the details have me questioning it. I'll wait for some other opinions, but I think it might be a recent Chinese manufacture. 

I feel the same way. I'm certainly no expert, but it looks off to me also.  

Thanks for the input. What type of business should I look for the take it in and have someone take a closer look. My father bought it at an auction and I am trying to get some kind of authentication to sell it. I have compared it to other images on the internet and not really sure what to look for to spot a fake.

I hope he didn't pay too much, or I hope he can get his money back! 

If there is a coin dealer anywhere near you, take it to them for an opinion. They can also assist you in submitting it for professional authentication, if they think it warrants it. 

Use this website to find a reputable dealer near you: https://www.money.org/find-a-dealer

I have to agree with what the others have said.......I think it's a fake.  I'd definitely take it to a reputable dealer for their opinion, but I hope that the OP either didn't pay much for it or can get their money back. 

Dipped a few too many times maybe? It all looks good to me, even the CC. Should be sent into NGC for preservation and grading.

Weight should be 26.73g. Any jewelry or gold buying store should have a scale.

Loup very close  at the CC and ensure that it was not added. Add a closer pic of the mint mark. :)