• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Two 1982D 3.0g lincoln memorial pennies

10 posts in this topic

As stated in the other thread, while your pictures are blurry, small, and backwards, I can see enough to tell that you don't have anything significant. They exhibit normal die wear.  

Your pennies are worth pennies. 

The two's are totally different one has bubble letters.  The other is much thinner and a greater distance away from the rim.  I contacted a museum and they clarified the description is accurate all I have to do is have them wieghted.  The bubbly Two is almost touching the rim. The thinner 2 is futher away.  The mint marks are even in different spots.  I dont know what pics your looking at but mines are the exact description in the example.  The bottom of the two's are a dead giveaway.  There is a big space between the bottom of the 2's and the upper part.  I know what I have and these images says it all.  The blurriness what you think you see on the large date is the great luster.  From recent researching the luster appears in UC coins.  The Lincoln body is smaller in the small date in which my coin .  The large date has a curl on the tip of the bottom curled up.  The small date does not in which mines shows.  If you cant answer the question please stop commenting.  The question was what are the differences or similarities in which you still havent stated from the last thread.  Look I know its a wow factor.  I have the coin as the pic states.  Keep looking for you one.  Also Ngc states to others if the pics were blurry.  They did not say that to me.  Its called luster.  Its and awesome example of an large date.  She's beautiful isnt she?  I also have a 3.0g 82d cent that is the same petina as my small date transitional.  Thank God I have three.  Two are large dates and one is small.  Please stop with the sarcasm and horrible advice.  I have a small date you dont

I guess dies pushed the two over after years huh?  I guess the deep space has thinned through the years huh?  I guess the tip just automatically dissappeared and turned downwards huh.  Your not professional at all I can see.  Stop authenticating coins off of images. Tacky

I've been collecting for 25 years. I've seen it all. I've seen hundreds of people thinking they have amazing rarities. I've seen the amazing rarities. You don't have one. 

I'm trying to help you. If you don't believe me, by all means submit to NGC. I really, honestly, truly don't care. It's your money. Spend the hundred bucks. No loss to me. You'll get back three circulated cents worth $0.03. 

You do what you want with your money. I'm done trying to help/assist/convince you.