• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Photo Vision® question

3 posts in this topic

I'm wondering if a new owner of a coin can have access/purchase a Photo Vision® if one was done by a previous owner/submitter.

The specific situation is that I have purchased a coin from an auction (awaiting it's arrival, but it's in transit --yay!).  The auction house had a photo of the coin without any prongs/slab visible.  The online cert photo clearly shows the prongs/slab which sadly overlie, or in very close proximity to, a very significant design feature of the coin. 

Given the auction photo doesn't show the slab features I suspect either they had a Photo Vision® , had a photo done of the coin after consignment but before grading, or possibly used a stock photo.  The latter is unlikely as the overall population of the coin is 10 (with 6 grading events at NGC and one other raw one selling recently enough it cannot be the same coin).

In other words, if the Photo Vision® exists, can I purchase it so my registry beauty shots are, well, more beautiful?

• Administrator

Thank you for your question. I have copied the link to our photovision page below. We provide a hard copy along with the coins to the original submitter as well as a digital copy on CD. Unfortunately, we are not able to reproduce these images to other collectors. You may submit your coin to NGC for the photovision service but the images are taken of the coin while in the holder.  

https://www.ngccoin.com/news/article/2639/Photo-Vision-imaging-services/